‘Roundtable’ Live Read: Brian K. Vaughan’s Unproduced Script to Be Read Aloud in Hollywood

/Film | 10/16/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/darkknightrises-michaelcaine-alfred.jpg

View this post on Instagram

I can’t believe this is really happening, but the comedy screenplay ROUNDTABLE I wrote over a decade ago is getting a very special live reading with an unbelievable cast of superstar actors here in Los Angeles on November 2nd at 8pm. More details to come, but if you want a ticket early, they’re currently only 20 bucks at the link in my bio. . When an ancient evil returns to terrorize modern-day England, legendary wizard Merlin must assemble a new Roundtable, only to learn that today’s knights aren’t noble warriors, but athletes, businessmen, and celebrities like Sir Michael Caine. . The Black List and Warby Parker are thrilled that BLACK LIST LIVE! is back with our next LA show. Join us for a night out at the Montalban Theatre with your favorite actors as they bring ROUNDTABLE to life for the first time ever... and for one night only!

A post shared by Brian K. Vaughan (@briankvaughan) on

In the summer of 2008, Eisner and Harvey Award-winning comic writer Brian K. Vaughan (Lost, Y: The Last Man) sold a high-concept screenplay to DreamWorks called Roundtable. The movie never went into production, the script sat on a shelf collecting dust, and Vaughan went on to become the showrunner of the CBS TV series Under the Dome and continue his career in comics by writing things like the sci-fi/fantasy epic Saga. But now, eleven years later, Vaughan’s Roundtable script will finally see the light of day.

Sort of.

Black - List - Organization - List - Screenplays

The Black List, the organization that publishes an annual list of the best unproduced screenplays in the industry, is sponsoring a live reading of the script for one night only in Los Angeles, and this sounds like a cool opportunity to experience a story that may otherwise languish in obscurity forever. Read on for the synopsis of Roundtable, and to find out how to get tickets to the show.

Here’s the description of Brian K. Vaughan’s Roundtable script:

Ancient - Evil - Returns - England - Wizard

When an ancient evil returns to terrorize modern-day England, legendary wizard Merlin must assemble a new Roundtable, only to learn that today’s knights aren’t noble warriors, but athletes, businessmen, and celebrities like Sir Michael Caine.

**** yes. I remember being hyped for this movie when it was first announced (I read about it on /Film back in the day!), and I am absolutely still here for it. Vaughan has blended science fiction and mythology before during his time writing and producing Lost, and I’m extremely curious if his full script can live up to the promise of this promising logline. Back in 2008, the script was described as being “more Ghostbusters than Excalibur,” and Vaughan acknowledges that in a recent Instagram post about this live read, in which he refers to Roundtable as a comedy.

I can’t believe this is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!