The Four Friends We Need in a Crisis

(in)courage | 10/17/2019 | Staff
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/101319_DukesLee_Alone.jpg

She was in the middle of a crisis, and suddenly she found herself in the middle of my embrace. Behind the closed door, with no one watching, she finally let herself fall apart.

I can’t share the details of her crisis, because it’s her story to tell, not mine. Trust me when I tell you that she got whacked pretty hard by life. She’s a fighter, strong to the core, so she can put up a good front, mustering the daily strength to set one foot in front of the other.

Pain - Day

But suppressed pain can’t stay suppressed forever, and that day, it came spilling out.

I am certain that as you read those words, you can identify with one of the two women in those short paragraphs above — the woman who feels like she has to be strong in crisis or the woman who opens her arms up wide enough to let a friend crumble. In the span of a life, we’ve probably all been in both of those places from time to time.

Friend - Door - Crisis - Everything - Relationships

As my friend and I stood there together, behind that closed door, we talked about how a crisis shakes everything that once felt unshakeable. Even our ride-or-die relationships change. Well-meaning gestures suddenly irritate. Actions meant to soothe make things worse. And we don’t really know if people can handle the depth of our anguish, our lashing anger at God, our expressed feelings of unfairness, and this gnawing grief for what we might never regain.

If you are in that place today, friend, I want to wrap my arms around you today. But instead of arms, I’ll use words. Know that you weren’t made to carry this alone.

Scripture - Burdens - Law - Christ - ESV

Scripture clearly states that we are to “bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2 ESV). Sometimes you will...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: