St. Teresa of Avila’s haunting vision of ****

oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://aleteiaen.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/web3-teresa-of-avila-****-pd.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

While St. Teresa of Avila is known to have experienced some of the most ecstatic experiences of God’s presence ever recorded, she also received visions of the opposite.

Teresa writes in her autobiography about a frightening vision she had of **** and how it haunted her the rest of her life. When writing the vision down she experienced the same bone-chilling feelings run throughout her body.

**** - Lord - Place - Devils - Sins

I found myself, as I thought, plunged right into ****. I realized that it was the Lord’s will that I should see the place which the devils had prepared for me there and which I had merited for my sins. This happened in the briefest space of time, but, even if I were to live for many years, I believe it would be impossible for me to forget it. The entrance, I thought, resembled a very long, narrow passage, like a furnace, very low, dark and closely confined; the ground seemed to be full of water which looked like filthy, evil-smelling mud, and in it were many wicked-looking reptiles. At the end there was a hollow place scooped out of a wall, like a cupboard, and it was here that I found myself in close confinement. But the sight of all this was pleasant by comparison with what I felt there … My feelings, I think, could not possibly be exaggerated, nor can anyone understand them. I felt a fire within my soul the nature of which I am utterly incapable of describing … I had been put in this place which looked like a hole in the wall, and those very walls, so terrible to the sight, bore down upon me and completely stifled me. There was no light and everything was in the blackest darkness.

It was a terrifying experience, but she fully...
Wake Up To Breaking News!