Let’s Be Dangerous Women

(in)courage | 10/16/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/100919_Gerth_StrengthComesFrom.jpg

God remains the strength of my heart.

I sit in a darkened auditorium with my mom on one side of me and my daughter on the other. The three of us have come to hear Priscilla Shirer as part of her Fervent tour. She talks about who we are as women and all God created us to be.

Shares - Enemy - Identity - Purpose - Words

She also shares that we have a very real enemy who would love to see our identity stolen and our purpose thwarted. Then she speaks words that are still ringing in my ears and heart: “What a shame it would be for the enemy to believe more about our potential than we do.”

She says that while we struggle sometimes to grasp the truth of who we are, the enemy does not. Even on our worst days, he knows we are daughters of God. He knows we are more than conquerors. He knows we can’t be defeated. He knows we are women of destiny with a power within us greater than we can even imagine. His only hope is convincing us to not believe the same.

Mother - Daughter - Protectiveness - Dare - Dare

As I look at my mother and daughter, I feel a sudden, fierce protectiveness. How dare he, I think. How dare he lie to them. How dare he try to steal their joy. How dare he try to make them feel like they are not enough. And I wonder in that moment if God feels the same about me. After all, we are His family, His girls.

Since that’s true, perhaps one of the greatest victories we can win for our Heavenly Father is to refuse to live in insecurity. Oh, we call it “humility,” but I think that may be just another deception of the enemy. True humility — the kind Jesus demonstrated — is fully knowing who we really...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: