LeBron James speaks out AGAIN on China NBA controversy

Mail Online | 10/15/2019 | Associated Press;Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/16/00/19764270-0-image-a-2_1571181739466.jpg

LeBron James has spoken out again after sparking anger for suggesting Houston Rockets Daryl Morey 'wasn't educated' when he sent a tweet in support of protesters in Hong Kong earlier this month.

The Los Angeles Laker star stepped into the spotlight of the now-strained relationship between the NBA and China with his comments on Monday about Morey who started the ongoing fallout with what James derided as a 'misinformed' tweet.

Politicians - Rights - Groups - Fans - James

Politicians, human rights groups and ordinary fans slammed James on social media and questioned the motivation of the outspoken superstar's comments.

James acknowledged the criticism on Tuesday and said he expected that it would be coming.

Situation - Right - Issue - Something - James

'Obviously, it's a tough situation that we're all in right now... I think when an issue comes up, if you feel passionate about it or you feel like it's something you want to talk about, then so be it,' James said.

'I also don't think that every issue should be everybody's problem as well.'

Comments - Monday - James - Morey - Situation

In his comments on Monday, James said Morey was 'not really educated on the situation' when he sent out that since-deleted October 4 tweet showing support for Hong Kong's pro-democracy protests.

Morey's tweet of support for the protests prompted Chinese sponsors and partners to cut ties with the league and forced the NBA to answer difficult questions about free speech.

James - Issue - Reporters - Talk - Freedom

James weighed in on the issue by telling reporters: 'We all talk about this freedom of speech. Yes, we all do have freedom of speech. But at times there are ramifications for the negative that can happen when you're not thinking about others.

'I don't want to get into a word or sentence feud with Daryl... But I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand and he spoke.'

Backlash - James

It unleashed an immediate backlash against James, who has often spoken out on social and political...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!