‘Roundtable’, an Unproduced Script by ‘Saga’ Writer Brian K. Vaughan, Gets Live Reading

Collider | 10/15/2019 | Gregory Lawrence
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/brian-k-vaughan-600x400.jpg

View this post on Instagram

I can’t believe this is really happening, but the comedy screenplay ROUNDTABLE I wrote over a decade ago is getting a very special live reading with an unbelievable cast of superstar actors here in Los Angeles on November 2nd at 8pm. More details to come, but if you want a ticket early, they’re currently only 20 bucks at the link in my bio. . When an ancient evil returns to terrorize modern-day England, legendary wizard Merlin must assemble a new Roundtable, only to learn that today’s knights aren’t noble warriors, but athletes, businessmen, and celebrities like Sir Michael Caine. . The Black List and Warby Parker are thrilled that BLACK LIST LIVE! is back with our next LA show. Join us for a night out at the Montalban Theatre with your favorite actors as they bring ROUNDTABLE to life for the first time ever... and for one night only!

A post shared by Brian K. Vaughan (@briankvaughan) on

>Paper Girls\u00a0into an Amazon series

If you’ve enjoyed a comic book from the past 20ish years, chances are Brian K. Vaughan has had something to do with it. A multiple Eisner and Harvey Award winner, Vaughan’s sterling titles include Saga, Y: The Last Man, and Runaways, which was recently turned into a Marvel/Hulu show. But around 10 years ago, roughly at the same time when Vaughan was writing for Lost, he wrote a darkly comedic high-concept feature screenplay called Roundtable.

It ranked high on The Black List, an industry list of well-liked, unproduced screenplays. And now, while it’s not being produced as an actual film (yet), Vaughan’s Roundtable will be read out loud at a Black List-sponsored Los Angeles event on November 2. In other words — Roundtable shall have its day in King Arthur’s court.

King - Arthur - Vaughan - Script - Work

Why would I bring up King Arthur, you ask? Because Vaughan’s script, unlike his contemporary comic-driven work, hearkens back to medieval mythology. Here’s the official synopsis from The Black List.

When an ancient evil returns to terrorize modern-day England, legendary wizard Merlin must assemble a new Roundtable, only to learn that today’s knights aren’t noble warriors, but athletes, businessmen, and celebrities like Sir Michael Caine.

Sir - Michael - Caine - LeBron - James

Sir Michael Caine has to team up with, like, LeBron James and Elon Musk to defeat an ancient...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!