Interview with Christian who was arrested for preaching in LGBT neighborhood

www.christianpost.com | 10/15/2019 | Staff
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/34/233428.png

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

Right now there is a major court case dealing with religious liberty and freedom of speech in Toronto, Canada. On June 4, 2019, David Lynn of Christ’s Forgiveness Ministries was arrested for preaching the Gospel publicly in Toronto, Canada. In a previous article, I broke the news. He and his team were doing a multi-day evangelism tour throughout locations in Toronto. After evangelizing in other locations throughout the day, they went in the afternoon to an area where many of the LGBT community reside. Not long after, a crowd began to form and they tried to silence Lynn and force him to leave the area. When the police came, they charged Lynn with disturbing the peace even though the entire incident was video recorded live stream and there was evidence of people in the crowd becoming angry and violent without any provocation from Lynn or his team.

Canada - United - States - Increase - Silencing

In both Canada and the United States, we are seeing a constant increase of the silencing of Christians’ rights to free speech. Every day, it is becoming clearer that we are living in a post-Christian, Western culture.

I recently did an interview with David Lynn to hear his side of the story. My questions and his responses are what follow.

Day - Arrest

What happened the day of your arrest?

We were on our 8th stop on the 3rd day of our Toronto-wide evangelism tour. All day we had been going to different locations to share the Gospel. The themes of the message I preached throughout the time was “God loves you,” “There is hope for you,” John 3:16, and “I tolerate you. Would you tolerate me?” At this particular stop, I was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace.

People

Why do you think people reacted so adversely to it?

Many of those listening, who claimed to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!