European Film Awards reveal animation nominations

Screen | 10/15/2019 | Michael Rosser
Click For Photo: https://d1nslcd7m2225b.cloudfront.net/Pictures/2000x2000fit/7/8/5/1311785_ilostmybody3_159601.jpg

The European Film Awards (EFA) has unveiled the four features that will compete for the animation prize.

Buñuel In The Labyrinth Of The Turtles; I Lost My Body; Marona’s Fantastic Tale; and The Swallows of Kabul are all in the running for European Animated Feature Film 2019.

Winners - Awards - Ceremony - December - Berlin

The winners will be revealed at an awards ceremony on December 7 in Berlin.

Salvador Simó’s Buñuel In The Labyrinth Of The Turtles has already picked up several festival awards including the jury prize at the Annecy International Animation Festival in June.

Film - Imagery - Luis - Buñuel - Movie

The film, which uses suitably surreal imagery to explore how Luis Buñuel made his third movie, was shortlisted for Spain’s best foreign-language Oscar entry, missing out to Pain And Glory. Handled internationally by Latido Films, it is produced by Spain’s Sygnatia Films and the Netherlands’ Submarine.

I Lost My Body, from French director Jérémy Clapin, previously triumphed at Cannes Critics’ Week where it became the first feature-length animation to win the Grand Prize.

Xilam - Animation - Tale - Centres - Hand

Produced by Xilam Animation, the unusual tale centres on a severed hand which escapes a laboratory and sets off on an urban odyssey across Paris in search of its owner. Netflix took worldwide rights to the feature (excluding France, China, Benelux and Turkey) in a deal with sales outfit Charades and it won the top prize and audience award at Annecy.

Charades...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Screen
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton