How Elton John Is Still Standing After Sudden Fame, Crippling Addiction and Multiple Suicide Attempts

E! Online | 10/15/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2019431/rs_600x600-190531155936-600.2elton-john-david-furnish-performance.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

"I blamed a lot of my lack of self-esteem on him, my problems with weight, my glasses - all these things which are so rooted in your childhood and never go away," he told the Daily Mirror in 2011. "I always wanted my dad to hug me and tell me he loved me. He didn't but he loved me in his own way."

Despite an opportunity for the Dwight family to live as one when little Reggie was six years old and Stanley had been stationed long-term at the Headquarters Signals Group at RAF Medmenham in Marlow, Buckinghamsire, the gulf between Sheila and her husband had grown too wide during their time apart. The fighting was terrible, and took its toll on their son.

Mum - Dad - Love - Sign - Time

"I suppose my mum and dad must have been in love once, but there wasn't much sign they ever had been by the time I came along," Elton wrote in The Guardian in May. "They gave every impression of hating each other. My dad was strict and remote and had a terrible temper; my mum was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.