The changing face of abortion in the US

The Cripplegate | 10/15/2019 | Website
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www1.cbn.com/sites/default/files/styles/video_ratio_16_9/public/prolifegeneration_hdv.jpg?itok=Qubaj3P9

This last decade has seen substantial changes to the way abortion is perceived in the United States. These changes are essential for those in the pro-life movement to understand.

Ten years ago, a typical woman who pursued abortion was a first-time mom. If not a teenager, she was almost certainly single, perhaps even a college student.

Days - Time - Decision - Baby - Days

She usually took ten days from the time she found out she was pregnant to her decision to abort the baby. In those ten days she might have asked friends or people she trusted for advice.

A typical abortion was referred to as “surgical,” took place in an abortion clinic, and the mother would have had fairly limited knowledge of the baby’s development. Seeing an ultrasound would have had a substantial mitigating effect on the decision to have an abortion. Some studies even suggested that 90% of abortion minded-women changed their mind after seeing an ultrasound.

Today - Dynamics - Mom - Abortion - Mother

Today, all of these dynamics are different. In 2019, the typical mom pursuing an abortion is not a first-time mother. Often she already has a child, or two. Whereas “I’m not ready for a baby” used to be a common explanation for abortion, today’s abortion minded-woman is more likely to say “I’m having a hard enough time taking care of the baby I already have.”

Women who pursue an abortion are older than they were ten years ago. Often out of college, and many more are older than 25. Where there used to typically be a ten-day window or so before a woman decided whether or not to keep her baby, today that window is much shorter—if it exists at all. Many women have decided to abort before even discovering their pregnancy.

Reason - Ultrasounds - % - Women - Mind

For this reason, ultrasounds are less persuasive. Perhaps it used to be that 90% of abortion-minded women changed their mind by after...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Cripplegate
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: