Want to Combat the Prosperity Gospel? Support Church Planting.

The Gospel Coalition | 9/19/2019 | Badi Badibanga
jolan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.thegospelcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/04174811/lightstock_140581_medium_tgc.png

As an avid rugby fan, I’m enjoying the Rugby World Cup. In the run-up to this year’s cup, fans and experts alike speculated on various factors—from team rosters to weather conditions—as they tried to predict whether their nation would succeed. We’ll have to wait to see who comes out victorious.

There is one factor, however, that gets overlooked in these debates—and that is crucial to success.

Disunity - Poison - Team - Veins

Disunity kills—it’s like a poison flowing through a team’s veins.

Few things will spoil a team’s chances at victory like a lack of unity. Don’t get me wrong: superb talent, hard work, and excellent coaching are vital. But even with these things, disunity kills. It’s like a poison flowing through a team’s veins.

Call - Pastor - Church - Area - Ours

I recently received a call from a pastor who’s planting a church in the same area as ours. He wanted to extend me the courtesy of telling us their plans. I felt deeply honored that he’d consider us even though we’d never met.

As we talked, he asked if we could meet up, expressing a desire to glean whatever wisdom I may have to offer. I agreed, despite being reluctant to share my “wisdom.” I often feel as though we’re fumbling our way through ministry, simply asking God to keep us faithful. As I put down the phone, I pondered what I’d just committed to. Am I in over my head? Will I actually have anything of value to say to this brother?

Conversation - Team - Unity - Diversity—not - Core

But as I prayed before our conversation, I sensed that I should encourage their team to cultivate unity in diversity—not just in their core team, but in the church as a whole. Here are three things they—and anyone else involved in church planting—can do to cultivate unity in diversity.

When I worked in student ministry, my regional director would say that “vision leaks.” It’s imperative,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Gospel Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!