Air Strike In Libyan Capital Tripoli Kills Three Young Sisters

www.oann.com | 10/14/2019 | Staff
finterfinter (Posted by) Level 4
TRIPOLI (Reuters) – Three children, all sisters, were killed, and their mother and a fourth sister wounded in an air strike that hit a house near a military intelligence camp in Libya’s capital on Monday, a Reuters reporter and health officials said.

The mother was in critical condition and her daughter had emergency surgery to amputate a leg after the strike in the Al Fornaj neighborhood of southern Tripoli, the Tripoli-based Health Ministry and hospital officials said.

Libya - Government - Strike - Forces - Khalifa

Libya’s internationally recognized government blamed the strike on forces of Khalifa Haftar, the commander based in the east of the North African country who has been trying to seize Tripoli in the west in a ground and air campaign since April.

A Reuters reporter saw a heavily damaged two-storey house which witnesses said had been hit around midday. The family living there were among those displaced from the outskirts of Tripoli since the start of Haftar’s campaign, residents said.

Neighbor - Walid - Khamis - Warplane - Strike

One neighbor, Walid Khamis, said he had heard a single warplane before the strike. “It circled, dipped, then launched,” he said.

A taxi driver whose vehicle was damaged said: “I was sleeping and when I heard the strike I woke up. They’re our neighbors. Then we started to take out the children” from the rubble.

Spokesman - Haftar - Forces - Ahmed - Mismari

The spokesman for Haftar’s forces, Ahmed Mismari, said on Monday that air strikes including one against a military intelligence camp in Al Fornaj had “caused heavy losses in lives and equipment”.

About 30 meters...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!