Old Testament Commands Today? A Response to Dr Fullilove

The Cripplegate | 10/14/2019 | Staff
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://thecripplegate.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/old-testament-law-today.jpg

3) we do not follow civil and ceremonial laws, rather we have to recognize that “God had a moral principle that he was applying to a specific society” and then in order to apply those laws to ourselves we have to “stop and ask what is the moral principle that God was applying into that world, and then figure out how do I apply that moral principle into my world today” and 4) figuring out the moral principle for today is a “harrowing and messy process” because “there is nothing in the Bible that marks the law as moral or ceremonial or civil, we just have to figure it out” and by studying the Bible we can understand what “would God have us do with this particular command.”

I would like to suggest today that there is a process for figuring out what God wants us to do in obedience to him that is neither messy nor harrowing – rather it is clear and fully revealed.

Law - Code - Law - Christ - Law

First, we need to understand what a law code is, then we need to know what law Christ fulfilled and then we need to know what law code we are under today.

1. WHAT IS A LAW CODE?

Law - Code - Set - Rules - God

A biblical law code is a set of rules issued by God to a specific group of people, for a specific time. It is binding on that specified group; they are aware that it is binding. The law codes are based on the character of God. To violate the law code that is currently in effect is to commit a sin but it is important to note that it is not sin to violate a law in a previous (or future) law code.

So for example, Adam was not required to circumcise his sons, nor celebrate communion. Adam could wear mixed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Cripplegate
Wake Up To Breaking News!