Kevin Smith Responds To Martin Scorsese: “Who Is Jesus If Not A Superhero?”

The Playlist | 10/12/2019 | Matthew Monagle
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/tusk-2014-kevin-smith.jpg

If there’s any entertainment to be wrought from the quote-unquote “fallout” of Martin Scorsese‘s comments on comic book movies, it’s in watching people be very, very careful in how they respond. While Marvel stalwarts like Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, and James Gunn have all weighed in on Scorsese’s interview – offering their personal variations on, “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man” – the latest person to share their thoughts is noted comic book lover Kevin Smith. And to his credit, at least Smith is trying to add a little analysis to the conversation.

In a recent interview with Yahoo! Entertainment, Smith suggested that Scorsese might not be as separated from superhero movies as he would have us believe. “I would say this, and I’m not countering Mr. Scorsese: Martin Scorsese made perhaps the biggest superhero movie ever made,” Smith said. “‘The Last Temptation of Christ‘ is a superhero movie. And I’m not diminishing Jesus by any stretch of the imagination. But who is Jesus if not a superhero?”

Suggestion - Marvel - Movies - Theme

Now, granted, the suggestion that Marvel movies are “theme...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...