The Oculus Quest is the perfect introduction to VR gaming — here's how it works and the best apps and games to get started

Business Insider | 10/8/2019 | Zach Andrews
Les7799Les7799 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://image.businessinsider.com/5d8cc6532e22af5cca448194?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

Turning an uninterested family member or friend on to VR can be a challenge. But with the right headset, apps, and games, they will be surprised by how accessible and fun it really is.

The Oculus Quest VR headset is a simple, portable device that is great for those looking to dip their toes into the virtual-reality waters.

Wires - Computer - TV - Screen - Oculus

No wires, no computer, no TV screen are needed to play the Oculus Quest All-In-One VR, which retails at $399 for the 64GB model and $499 for the 124GB model that I opted for.

Selfishly, we like to share the things we love with the people we love — today my wife Esther wanted me to swim with her. I put my feet in for a second, and this small act brought her more joy than all her underwater laps combined.

Esther - Interest - Brand - Quest - All-In-One

Similarly, Esther had zero interest in putting on my brand new $499 124GB Oculus Quest All-In-One VR headset when I brought it home last spring. She is prone to vertigo and, like many of us, still imagines a nauseating cardboard box when she thinks of Virtual Reality — so I did not prod. For several weeks, I played the Quest in lonesome, testing out apps for when she inevitably became curious enough to try it on.

Eventually, it was an app and three games that turned her into a VR nerd, the Oculus Quest being the vehicle.

Decision - Quest - Choosing - Model - Model

You have one main decision to make when buying an Oculus Quest: choosing between the $399 64GB model and the $499 124GB model (I splurged on the latter). Storage space is the only difference between the two. With 124GB, I don't have to be choosy with which apps I keep downloaded on the Quest and which I store in the cloud for a rainy day. And downloading apps is easy....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!