End of an Era: PR Chief Nancy Lesser to Leave HBO After 35 Years

Variety | 10/2/2019 | Cynthia Littleton
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/nancy-lesser-hbo.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Nancy Lesser, HBO’s long-serving head of entertainment PR and talent relations, is leaving the TV powerhouse that she helped build as the steward of campaigns for “The Sopranos,” “Game of Thrones,” “Angels in America” and many other indelible programs.

For industryites, Lesser has become synonymous with HBO, given her wide-ranging role at the company. Lesser confirmed her resignation to HBO staffers on Wednesday. She is the latest senior executive to depart HBO following the management shakeup in March, when Bob Greenblatt was named WarnerMedia Entertainment chairman, prompting the exit of longtime HBO CEO Richard Plepler.

HBO - Home - Years - Lesser - Statement

“HBO has been a truly wonderful home for me for the last 35 years,” Lesser said in a statement. “I have had the distinct privilege of overseeing the most creative, dedicated and smartest communications team in television. Additionally, I have been extremely fortunate to be involved with some of the most groundbreaking and relevant programming and to have worked alongside the exceptional talent who created and executed these memorable shows. As I move on from HBO, I will be cheering the ongoing successes of this remarkable company as it continues to lead the industry as the gold standard.”

Al Pacino Breaks Down How He Became Jimmy Hoffa in 'The Irishman'

Al - Pacino - Irishman - Role - Person

Al Pacino explains how he got tapped for 'The Irishman' and what it takes for him to prep a role that's based on a real person.

Lesser joined HBO in February 1984 as a senior publicist in New York. She didn’t intend to stay very long, but 10 years later she relocated to the West Coast as original programming slowly but surely became a bigger focus for the pioneering premium TV network. She rose through the ranks and was most recently promoted to exec VP of media and talent relations in 2016.

Generation - Journalists - Turbulent - Industry

To a generation of journalists covering a turbulent industry,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!