God Will Not Miss Your Call

(in)courage | 9/30/2019 | Staff
shuadah (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/09302019_Bouchillon_NeverTooBusy.jpg

“Can you come pick me up? I don’t feel safe.”

A few weeks ago, my phone rang as a familiar name filled the screen. My day was just beginning, filled to the brim with deadlines and meetings.

Minutes - Roommate - Nature - Trail - Morning

Twenty minutes away, my roommate was just over halfway down the nature trail, enjoying an early morning walk on her day off.

Tennis shoes laced up and headphones in, she walked a familiar path while listening to a podcast, until a stranger suddenly began to cause a commotion up ahead. By the time my phone rang, the police were already on their way.

Thing - Location - Car

“The only thing I can do is backtrack and get to a safe location. I can’t make it to my car without going past him. Can you come?”

There was no hesitation, no second-guessing or concern for my to-do list. I was already reaching for my keys as I replied, “Of course. I’m leaving right now. I’ll meet you there.”

Home - Safe - Sound - Rhythm - Time

Only later when we were both home safe and sound, hearts beating at a normal rhythm, did I have time to reflect on the unexpected morning adventure. After the meetings ended and deadlines passed, I replayed the day’s events. One sentence crossed my mind, and I’ve been thinking about it ever since:

I will always come for you.

Trouble

When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.

I could have accidentally missed her phone call, been out of town, or simply been in the middle of a meeting. But none of those possibilities apply to the God of the universe, the One who has called us His daughters.

Meetings - Deadlines - Calendar - List - Concerns

There are no meetings or deadlines on His calendar, no growing to-do list filled with other concerns. He isn’t a twenty-minute drive away, and He’s never too busy for you.

Ours...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: