People reveal what it's really like to 'suddenly become attractive'

Mail Online | 9/23/2019 | Freya Drohan For Dailymail.com
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/23/16/18833756-0-image-a-22_1569254275895.jpg

An eye-opening thread has given an insight into what it's like to be bullied in your younger years for how you look, only to be treated differently when your appearance changes in adulthood.

Users have been posting their personal accounts to the Q&A platform Quora, detailing how people perceived them during both periods of extreme 'awkwardness' and beauty in their life.

Woman - Victoria - Secret - Experience - People

One woman who has since modeled for Victoria's Secret summed up her 'jarring experience' of witnessing people treat her differently when she was a 'super awkward nerd' in middle school versus when she became 'good looking' in college.

'It's been strange having people regard me at such extremes throughout the course of 15 or so years. I was a late bloomer. I didn't really start looking like a model until after college,' Lyndsey Scott, now 35, posted on the site.

People - Way

'So it's been a rather jarring experience having people see and treat me the way they suddenly do now.'

Lyndsey recalled being 5'9 and a mere 89 lbs while in high school.

'I - Puberty - People - Someone - Nerd

'I was bullied and often friendless throughout puberty because people automatically judged me as being someone I was not. Ok, sure, I'll admit that I've always been a nerd, but I like to think I'm a pretty cool nerd,' she said.

Being a self-confessed 'late bloomer' has left the woman with an insight into just how shallow the world is.

Appearance

'No one deserves to be treated differently based solely on their appearance,' she said.

She added that now she definitely reaps the 'perks of being good looking'.

'People - Lot - Freebies - Money - Looks

'People offer me a lot more freebies, I make money off of my looks through modeling, strangers talk to me more often, more people listen to me and laugh at my jokes, and I even have the occasional suitor: all good...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: