Kit Harington Says ‘Game of Thrones’ Backlash ‘Didn’t Affect’ Cast, But He Hasn’t Watched Final Season

IndieWire | 9/23/2019 | Staff
n.king (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/01_GameofThrones_S8E3-1.jpg

“Game of Thrones” won the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series despite overwhelmingly mixed-to-negative press reactions for its final season. It was inevitable the cast would be asked about Season 8 backlash in the Emmys press room, so when the time came to address the divisive final season reviews it was Kit Harington who stepped forward to address the “Thrones” backlash. The actor behind Jon Snow defended the show, which was heavily criticized for storytelling that betrayed its characters (see Daenerys Targaryen and Jaime Lannister’s arcs for example), although Harington also admitted to not watching the final season.

“I still haven’t seen the show,” Harington said when asked about backlash (via The Wrap) “So that’s how I dealt with that controversy — I haven’t seen the final season but I know what it took to shoot it. It was hard and all of them put their love and effort into it. Controversy, I think for us, we knew what we were doing was right, storywise, and we knew that it was right for the characters because we lived with them for 10 years. Controversy for us didn’t really affect us.”

Game - Thrones - Showrunners - David - Benioff

“Game of Thrones” showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss did not answer the question, although Weiss did allude to the controversy when answering...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!