The Unicorn's Walton Goggins Revisits His Most Memorable Roles, From The Shield to Sons of Anarchy

TVGuide.com | 9/23/2019 | Kaitlin Thomas
botiboti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/09/17/b1620b04-518f-453a-bcc2-f18ed1a8f082/thumbnail/1300x713/b9c1121e4b58e05e917351ba2788e29e/190917-the-unicorn-header.jpg

You may know Walton Goggins from his Emmy-nominated turn as charismatic outlaw Boyd Crowder on FX's modern Western Justified. You may also know him from his seven-season stint as the flawed cop Shane Vendrell on the groundbreaking drama The Shield. Or you may know him as one of the many other memorable characters he's brought to life over the years: Venus Van Dam (Sons of Anarchy), Chris Mannix (The Hateful Eight), Lee Russell (Vice Principals), Sonny Burch (Ant-Man and the Wasp), Nathan Miller (Deep State), or "Baby" Billy Freeman (The Righteous Gemstones). The list goes on and on and on.

Regardless of where you know Goggins from — and trust us, you definitely know him from somewhere — you've experienced the actor's impressive, somewhat hypnotic ability to make viewers feel for even the most flawed or complicated of characters. He doesn't set out to do it — quite the opposite actually — it's just something that happens.

Goggins - Nothing - Men - Playing - Roles

But Goggins, who it should go without saying is nothing like the morally gray men he is most famous for playing, is leaving those roles behind, at least for now. This fall, Goggins is taking on the starring role in CBS's new sitcom The Unicorn as a widower stepping back into the world a year after losing his wife. "[The Unicorn is] kind and ... earnest, and I think that this character and this show wear [their hearts on their sleeves]," Goggins told TV Guide of the show and its overwhelmingly compassionate message. "I think we need that in the world right now."

As he prepares to lead this heartfelt new comedy on the most-watched network, the versatile actor takes a stroll down memory lane and looks back at some of the roles that got him to where he is today before previewing what's to come.

A...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!