Renee Zellweger said playing Judy Garland on film was like 'a love letter really'

Mail Online | 6/22/1969 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/22/17/18790390-0-image-a-11_1569170846277.jpg

Renee Zellweger admitted it was a 'no brainer' signing up for Judy.

The 50-year-old actress will portray the late Judy Garland in the upcoming biopic and when it was first pitched to her, she couldn't find any faults with the idea. 'For as long as I can remember, Judy Garland has been someone who has always just been there - well, I'm sure for you as well as me,' she told Britain's HELLO! magazine.

Star - Ellen - DeGeneres - Stage - Fright

This comes after the star told Ellen DeGeneres that she suffered stage fright while singing in front of a real audience and also had to endure prosethtics and 'aging makeup' to look older even though the crooner died at age 47.

'So when I was asked to be part of this movie about her life, it seemed to me to be a no-brainer.

Time - Life - Talent - Project

'To be able to spend time exploring her, her life and her talent? What's not to love about a project like that?'

Renee found working on the movie a 'very special' experience and it became like a 'love letter' to the Wizard of Oz star.

Thing - Movie - Bang - Races

She added: 'One thing I loved about making this movie was that making it didn't feel like, Bang! Here we go off to the races.

'It felt like a very quiet exploration of who Judy was, a learning experience.

Everyone - Set - Feelings - Judy - Movie-making

'Because everyone on the set had their own personal feelings about Judy, it didn't even feel like a traditional movie-making...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!