The arrogance associated with “Saving the Planet”

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 9/21/2019 | Leslie Eastman
moni (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/George-Carlin-Saving-the-Planet-e1569110192991.jpg

Yesterday, I was fuming that my son’s school participated in the abysmal #ClimateStrike.

Fortunately, student participation in it was optional, and my boy gave the event a hard pass. As a parent, I would prefer students learn actual science and mathematics. If teachers are going to pursue climate-related activities, instead of promoting protests, they should review such concepts as the Milankovitch Cycles, Maunder Minimums, and the geologic record of major extinction level events.

Reason - Ire - Doom - Gloom - Agenda

Another reason for my ire is that pushing this doom and gloom agenda creates needless fear and worry. How many students already have anxiety or depression due to the realities of their life circumstances, which is then made worse by the “climate crisis” drama?

Finally, promoting this nonsense instills a sense of arrogance and self-righteousness in those who have succumbed to the indoctrination. Do politicians really believe restricting straws, meat, and cars will significantly change the global temperature?

Comedian - Critic - George - Carlin - Planet

I am reminded of the late comedian and social critic George Carlin’s wonderful routine “Saving the Planet.” Carlin stresses the uselessness of “arrogant meddling” and the arrogance of “self-righteous environmentalists.”

The video is truly a palate cleanser if, like me, you need a break from #ClimateStrike, #ClimateCrisis, and #ClimateStupidity.

Moment - Carlin - Subject - Plastics - Humorously

Perhaps my favorite moment is when Carlin goes into the subject of plastics. The comedian humorously ponders whether the reason for humans is that Earth wanted us to create plastic. Here’s a partial transcript:

“We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this ****. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: