Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell to Star in Musical Take on ‘A Christmas Carol’

Collider | 9/20/2019 | Jeff Sneider
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/will-ferrell-elf-slice.jpg

Here’s a new project I’m genuinely torn on, and apparently, so is all of Hollywood, as it’s still looking for a home: Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell are attached to star in a new take on A Christmas Carol that will reimagine the Charles Dickens tale as a musical.

Daddy’s Home filmmakers Sean Anders and John Morris are set to write and direct the project, which is currently being shopped around town, though buyers have been awful Scrooge-like thus far. Reynolds is red-hot right now, but I’d be surprised if a major studio jumped on this one in the wake of Ferrell’s abysmal Holmes and Watson, which was released last Christmas to scathing reviews. On the other hand, Ferrell starred in the Christmas classic Elf, so his track record has seen both sides of the spectrum.

Thing… - Desire - A - Christmas - Carol

Here’s the thing… I have no desire to see another take on A Christmas Carol. Yes, I’m Jewish, but I like a good Christmas movie as much as the next guy — Home Alone, National Lampoon”s Christmas Vacation, etc. But A Christmas Carol? Bo-ring! As Schmoedown fans know, I didn’t even like Scrooged, and I love Bill Murray.

That said, the fact that this version is going to be a musical changes the math significantly, for me....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!