Alabama governor Kay Ivey, 74, reveals she has lung cancer and it was found during a routine exam 

Mail Online | 9/19/2019 | Josh Saunders For Dailymail.com
just-mejust-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/19/21/18688744-0-image-a-80_1568924285650.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/09/19/8080503927785438389/1024x576_MP4_8080503927785438389.mp4

Alabama governor Kay Ivey has revealed that she has been diagnosed with lung cancer after a routine exam.

The 74-year-old, who has served the state for two years, released the news in a recorded press statement on Thursday.

Family - Physician - 'spot - Lung - Weeks

Her longtime family physician discovered a 'spot' on her lung that was considered to be 'unusual' a few weeks ago.

Further scans and a biopsy revealed she has a 'tiny, isolated' malignant tumor.

Ivey - News - Fortunate - Ones

Ivey said: 'The good news is I am one of the fortunate ones where this was discovered early, and it is very treatable.'

Ivey, who is the 54th Governor of Alabama and a Republican, went onto add that her state is home to some of the world's leading physicians.

Team - Doctors - Treatment - Rate - Success

Her specific team of doctors have assured her that the treatment has a 'very high rate of success and will have minimal impact' on her schedule.

She will travel to the UAB University Hospital for an outpatient procedure on Friday, which will be followed by a series of specialized radiation treatments.

Ivey - Honors - People - Alabama - Battle

Ivey explained that it has been 'one of the highest honors' to represent the people of Alabama and her battle will not interfere with her duties.

She said: 'Because I always shoot straight with you, I want to share a recent challenge that has been placed in front of me.

Governor - Work

'None of this will prevent me from continuing to serve as your governor and doing the work you elected me to do.'

Ivey added that she welcomes the prayers and support of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!