Steven Spielberg’s ‘Why We Hate’ Is More Timely Than Ever, David Zaslav Says

Variety | 9/19/2019 | Henry Chu
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/david-zaslav-2.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

The political state of the world today has made the upcoming docuseries “Why We Hate” relevant in a way that its producers, Steven Spielberg and Alex Gibney, hardly expected when they began developing the project five years ago, Discovery president and CEO David Zaslav said Thursday.

“Things are much more of a challenge and hate is significantly on the rise,” Zaslav said. “Hate of immigrants, hate of skin color, hate of different people for their religious beliefs.”

Roots - Hostility - Question - Spielberg - Director

That has made getting to the roots of such hostility all the more important – a question that fascinates Spielberg, the director of “Schindler’s List” and founder of the USC Shoah Foundation in 1994 to record stories from the Holocaust. “Why We Hate,” a six-part investigation, begins airing on Discovery next month.

Spielberg told Variety last year that “getting to the root of the human condition is something I find not only fascinating, but absolutely necessary in understanding who we are….If we understand why we act the way we do, we can change the way we act. That is what we are uniquely capable of as human beings.”

Streamer - Joyn - Moves - Into - Original

German Streamer Joyn Moves Into Original Content With Political Thriller 'Dignity'

Michael Douglas Says Steven Spielberg...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?