GOP's Romney 'Not Planning on Endorsing' in 2020 Presidential Race

CNS News | 9/17/2019 | Staff
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/trump_romney_getty.jpg

Senator Mitt Romney (R-Utah), who denounced Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential race as "a phony, a fraud" whose nomination would ensure Hillary Clinton's victory, stated that he has no plans to endorse anyone in the 2020 presidential race, not in the primary or in the general election.

"I'm not planning on endorsing in the presidential race," Romney told CNN on Sept. 12.

Stage

"At this stage, I'm not planning on endorsing in the primary or in the general," he said.

CNN noted that Romney is friends with Bill Weld, a liberal Republican and former governor of Massachusetts, who is challenging Trump for the 2020 nomination.

Mitt - Romney - Ran - Barack - Obama

Mitt Romney ran against Barack Obama in the 2012 election and lost. In 2018, Romney ran for the U.S. Senate and was endorsed by President Trump, who said Romney "will make a great Senator and worthy successor to @OrrinHatch, and has my full support and endorsement!"

In March 2016, before any Republican had won the nomination for president, Romney gave a speech at the University fo Utah where he repeatedly attacked and mocked Donald Trump.

"Let me...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!