Witness to a Miracle

(in)courage | 9/17/2019 | Staff
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/091419_Berry_Desperation.jpg

It wasn’t my miracle, but it was my miracle to witness.

We were strangers, but because we have a few things in common, someone thought we should meet. We sat across from each other at a local coffee cafe awkwardly striving to make a heart connection. Honestly, the more we talked, the less likely it seemed that we would ever spend time with each other. We were both African-American, women, educators, who shared a distant relative. Beyond that, we were living very different seasons of our lives, and outside of the intentional rendezvous, we might never cross paths naturally.

Time - Meet-up - Effort - Acquaintanceship - Words

We put in the prescribed time for an initial meet-up that’s considered polite. We put in the effort to spark an acquaintanceship. And we said all the words that expressed our good intentions to gather our families together in the near future. But to be honest, I didn’t think we felt an authentic connection to each other. The lack of spark didn’t bother me. We both seemed content to know that the other existed and that someone thought enough of us to bring us together.

We said our goodbyes and made well-intended promises to keep in touch. As we walked in opposite directions to our cars, something out of my ordinary happened. I felt an overwhelming sense to talk with her about her having a baby. Immediately, I pushed back, “Absolutely not! I don’t know her. She doesn’t know me. She will think I am one of those parking lot prophets. I will lose what little credibility I have with her. I have a doctorate — this is illogical. And prophecy 101 says never to prophecy about having babies!”

Months - Voice - Push

Months passed, and I could not quiet the voice encouraging me to talk with her. I could not escape the gentle push to contact her. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!
Tagged: