Dancing With the Stars Tries to Cover Up Its Sean Spicer Drama With the Ugliest Shirt in the World

TVGuide.com | 9/16/2019 | Breia Brissey
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/09/17/b56df3b5-70fd-492c-9bff-d6a1e515fd4a/thumbnail/1300x867/2a1930679d69f1e6c7e66c2b76f7363d/190916-dwts-spicer.jpg

Sequins and fringe and spray tans, oh my! After nearly a year without the sparkly universe that is Dancing With the Stars, we're back in the ballroom for season 28 of America's Favorite Dancing Competition.* But before we begin our journey to crown the next Mirrorball Trophy winner, let's quickly recap how we got here:

First, ABC decided to forego the spring edition of the competition. Then last month when it announced the cast, two pro dancers were noticeably absent from the lineup. Both Sharna Burgess (last season's winner with Bobby Bones) and Artem Chigvintsev didn't make the cut. Meanwhile, the casting of former White House press secretary Sean Spicer was met with backlash, including some choice words from host Tom Bergeron.

Shift - Seasons - Cast - Announcement - Names

In another shift from previous seasons, though the cast announcement featured the names of the pro dancers, the actual partnerships were kept under wraps until Monday's premiere. But the pre-season madness didn't stop there. Just hours before the live premiere, ABC announced that supermodel Christie Brinkley suffered injuries during rehearsals that would prevent her from participating in the show. But fear not! Keeping it in the family, her daughter Sailor Brinkley-Cook (also a model) is stepping in for her mom. And that brings us to the LIVE show. So put on your dancing shoes, and let's get to it.

Hannah Brown (The Bachelorette) and Alan Bersten

Cha - Cha

Cha Cha

Synergy at its finest! From Bachelorette to ballroom, Hannah Brown met partner Alan as he exited a limo at the mansion. I assume this is the only way she knows how to meet men. Their first outing, a cha cha to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," was fairly well-received by the judges. Hannah was complimented on both her form and attitude.

Kel - Mitchell - Comedian/actor - Witney - Carson

Kel Mitchell (comedian/actor) and Witney Carson

Goodburger was Witney's favorite movie growing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!