You know you’re too pious when … 

tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://aleteiaen.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/shutterstock_1097347001.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=1200

Jesus warned several times about too much piety.

“Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,” he said, “but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” He even specified that some very pious people will be cast away: People who “prophesy,” “cast out demons” and “do many mighty works” in his name.

Gospel - Mass-goers - Bind - Presence - Streets

In another Gospel, he seems to suggest that even frequent Mass-goers might be in that bind. He says some will tell him, “We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets,” and will hear back from him, “Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity!”

When your pious practices interfere with your state in life, which should come first.

Father - CM - Buckley - Floor - College

I learned this from Father C.M. Buckley, who lived on my dormitory floor in college. He understood college students’ habits so well, he offered a 10:30 p.m. daily Mass — and he understood our weaknesses so well that he told us, “I don’t ever want to see you at that Mass if your homework isn’t done.”

You are obliged to go to Sunday Mass, but you are not obliged to go to Daily Mass. God is more pleased by your fulfilling the obligations of your state in life than he would be if you skipped them to spend time at Mass, or a Holy Hour or Vespers.

College - Studies - Parent - Family - Work

If you’re in college, your studies come first. If you’re a parent, your family or work comes first.

When you are pious for the sake of your own glory instead of God’s.

John - Baptist - Following - End

John the Baptist had a huge following, but in the end he stepped aside, saying, “He must increase; I must decrease.”

St. Benedict Laboure felt the same way. The homeless French saint used to spend hours kneeling in prayer. But when he heard...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!
Tagged: