Elon Musk Says ‘Pedo Guy’ Tweet Did Not Suggest British Cave Diver Was Pedophile

www.oann.com | 6/13/2019 | Staff
(Reuters) – Elon Musk on Monday said he did not intend to accuse a British diver of pedophilia by branding him a “pedo guy” on Twitter, as the Tesla Inc chief executive sought to dismiss a defamation lawsuit.

Musk posted the tweet, for which he later apologized, after Vernon Unsworth accused Musk in a CNN interview of grandstanding by offering to help Unsworth’s diving team rescue 12 boys and their soccer coach from a Thailand cave in July 2018.

Unsworth - Months - Los - Angeles - Court

Unsworth sued two months later in Los Angeles federal court, saying Musk falsely branded him a pedophile and child rapist.

“‘Pedo guy’ was a common insult used in South Africa when I was growing up,” Musk, 48, who was raised in Pretoria, said in a court filing. “It is synonymous with ‘creepy old man’ and is used to insult a person’s appearance and demeanor.

Mr - Unsworth - Acts - Pedophilia - Musk

“I did not intend to accuse Mr. Unsworth of engaging in acts of pedophilia,” Musk added. “In response to his insults in the CNN interview, I meant to insult him back by expressing my opinion that he seemed like a creepy old man.”

Musk also said his “off the record” August 2018 email to a BuzzFeed News reporter urging him to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.