A Two-Bucket Woman

Blog & Mablog | 9/16/2019 | Staff
shuadah (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Beauty-1.jpg

So Then . . .

One time in the 19th century, an aristocratic woman sniffed at the idea of an invitation to receive Christ at the end of a church service. “I don’t need to go down to the front of a church to become a Christian.” Charles Spurgeon, who was no friend of that invitation system, replied something like, “It is true that a person doesn’t have to go down to the front of the church to become a Christian. But you do.”

Frenzy - Culture - Throat - Woman - Place

I want to write about the egalitarian frenzy that has our culture by the throat, about a woman’s rightful place, and about woman’s rightful name. But we have to touch on something else first.

When I was slogging my way through all the issues related to what we Calvinists like to call the doctrines of grace, I was having a rough time of it. The sleds of God’s sovereignty over all things were making quite a racket as they clattered across the rocks of my pride, with no snow anywhere in sight. For about the first three quarters of my doctrinal investigation into what the Scriptures taught on this subject, that investigation was significantly hampered by the fact that I was studying whether or not something was true while at the same time being entirely unwilling for it to be true. Believe it or not, this is something that can get in the way.

Moment - Thing - Principle - Moment - Merits

And I can still recall when that all changed. There was the moment when I surrendered the thing in principle, and sometime later there was another moment when I surrendered on the merits. Those moments were distinctly and entirely different, and the first one was more important than the second.

For the former, I came to the point where I remember praying and telling the Lord that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: