Beto O'Rourke says Texans told him 'they do not need' their AR-15s and would happily turn them over

Mail Online | 9/14/2019 | Maxine Shen For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/15/02/18488800-0-image-a-55_1568510016737.jpg

Democratic presidential nominee hopeful Beto O'Rourke said Friday that his fellow Texans have said that they 'don't need' their AR-15s and that they'll turn them in if it means keeping the population safer.

O'Rourke, 46, who was born in El Paso, Texas, where 22 people died in a mass shooting in early August, has been hitting the gun control argument hard during his campaign and said during Thursday night's Democratic presidential debate that he would take away military-style assault rifles from gun owners.

MSNBC - Interview - Friday - Texas - Congressman

During an MSNBC interview Friday, the former Texas congressman said that owning 'guns to hunt or for self-defense makes a lot of sense to us here in Texas,' but that a 'weapon of war' is unnecessary.

He added that 'even from those Texans who own AR-15s, they've told me this themselves ― "I don't need this. I don't need it to hunt, I don't need it to protect myself. It was fun to use. I like taking it out to the range, but if giving this back, or cutting it to pieces, or selling it to the government helps to keep us safer, then by all means, let's do it."'

Sentiments - People - Parents - Children - Safety

He said that these sentiments were shared with him by people including parents who were concerned about the children's safety in schools, in the wake of multiple mass shootings around the country...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!