Kamala Harris: My EO Seizing Assault Weapons Would Be Constitutional Under The Yes We Can Clause, Or Something

Hot Air | 9/13/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/biden-harris-warren.png

Actually, what Kamala Harris appeared to mean in this exchange is the Because I Say I Can clause. Joe Biden had attempted to inject some sanity in the Democratic debate over gun control by noting that presidents don’t have the authority in the Constitution to order seizures of firearms and banning guns. Harris, a former AG, literally laughed off that concern when ABC News anchor David Muir asked her about it:

MUIR: In recent days former Vice President Biden has said about executive orders, “Some really talented people are seeking the nomination. They said ‘I’m going to issue an executive order.'” Biden saying, “There’s no constitutional authority to issue that executive order when they say ‘I’m going to eliminate assault weapons,'” saying, “you can’t do it by executive order any more than Trump can do things when he says he can do it by executive order.” Does the vice president have a point there?

BIDEN - Things - Things

BIDEN: Some things you can. Many things you can’t.

MUIR: Let’s let the senator answer.

HARRIS - Well - Hey - Joe

HARRIS: Well, I mean, I would just say, hey, Joe, instead of saying, no, we can’t, let’s say yes, we can.

BIDEN: Let’s be constitutional. We’ve got a Constitution.

Harris - Power - Photos - Mothers - Clauses

How would Harris derive that power? Because she’s seen autopsy photos and hugged mothers, which are other heretofore unknown clauses of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Hot Air
Wake Up To Breaking News!