Pete Townshend says he is too traumatised to perform certain songs because of childhood sexual abuse

Mail Online | 9/13/2019 | Hannah Dawson For The Daily Mail
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/13/21/18458192-0-image-a-12_1568406943355.jpg

Pete Townshend has said he will never perform the hit album Tommy again because he is too traumatised by childhood memories of sexual abuse.

The Who guitarist said the songs Fiddle About and Cousin Kevin on the band's 1969 album are now too difficult for him to play.

Townshend - Breakdown - Concert - Rock - Opera

Townshend, 74, said he 'practically had a nervous breakdown' at a concert called 'Tommy And More' when he played the rock opera in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust in April 2017.

In Cousin Kevin, protagonist Tommy is abused by his sadistic cousin, and is then molested by his uncle Ernie in Fiddle About.

Stage - Royal - Albert - Hall - Singer

He revealed he had to leave the stage at the Royal Albert Hall where he was performing with lead singer Roger Daltrey and told his manager he could not perform the album.

'I got halfway through Cousin Kevin and Fiddle About and had to leave the building,' he told The Times.

People - Stuff - Predatory - Paedophile - Weeks

'One of the people I talked to most about this stuff had been abducted by a predatory paedophile when he was six. He was kept for six weeks before being...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!