Determined mother was told to ABORT her daughter 14 times

Mail Online | 9/11/2019 | Faith Ridler For Mailonline
ajoy26 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/11/10/18339048-0-image-a-45_1568193492583.jpg

A determined young mother who was advised to abort her daughter 14 times has defied doctors' advice and brought home a healthy baby girl.

Kiera Meldrum, 20, from York, was offered an abortion every week of her pregnancy after her 21-week scan showed her child had Grade 3 severe ascites to the bowel.

Build-up - Fluid - Range - Complications - Kiera

This build-up of fluid caused a range of complications, but Kiera - who had suffered four previous miscarriages - refused to abort her daughter.

Kiera went into labour at 34 weeks and was terrified of losing daughter Lillee-Rose as she was whisked away for emergency surgery minutes after birth.

Operations - Weeks - Hospital - Kiera - Daughter

But after multiple life-saving operations and eight long weeks in hospital, Kiera has now finally been able to take her daughter home.

Six months on, Lillee-Rose is home and happy, and while she has a delicate bowel, doctors don't anticipate any problems in the future.

Kiera - 'I - Time - Heart - Doctors

Kiera said: 'I refused to terminate Lillee-Rose every time they told me to, and I'm so happy I listened to my heart instead of the doctors.

'When I went into labour six weeks early, I was terrified of losing her. Watching them whisk her straight away from me and into surgery broke my heart.

Feeling - Grow - Mother - Best

'I always had a feeling that she'd be OK, and seeing her grow up healthy and strong just goes to show that a mother always knows best.'

Kiera was thrilled to discover she was pregnant in July 2018, after having suffered four miscarriages over a two year period.

Leeds - Hospital - Signs - Trouble - Weeks

Her 12-week scan at Leeds Hospital confirmed all was well, but the first signs of trouble appeared eight weeks later when doctors saw her baby's stomach was filling with fluid.

Doctors realised that Kiera's unborn child had Grade 3 severe ascites to the bowel - a build up of fluid between the two layers that line the stomach.

Kiera

Kiera was advised to terminate...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!