‘The Mandalorian’ Casts ‘Twilight Saga’ and ‘Westworld’ Actress Julia Jones

/Film | 9/6/2019 | Ben Pearson
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Julia-Jones-Mandalorian.jpg

The Mandalorian premieres in just over two months, but we’re still finding out about new additions to its cast. The latest: Julia Jones, who you may remember from her role as Leah Clearwater in the Twilight films, has come on board showrunner Jon Favreau‘s Star Wars series in a mystery role.

Jones may be best known for the Twilight movies, but Westworld fans may remember her as Kohana from the terrific season 2 episode “Kiksuya,” which focused on the backstory of the Native American members of Ghost Nation – she played the love interest for Zahn McClarnon’s Akecheta. Jones has also appeared in movies like Wind River, The Ridiculous 6, and Cold Pursuit, as well as TV shows like ER, Longmire, and Goliath.

Favreau - Show - Week - Variety‘s - Entertainment

Favreau spoke about the show earlier this week at Variety‘s Entertainment and Technology summit:

“For Star Wars, the question was how do we make it feel like Star Wars, how can I tell a story set in this particular time…what’s this gritty world? The original Star Wars movies were a bit more intimate, character driven. In many ways this follows the structure of a television show in that we don’t have an endless budget and it’s served by the scale...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!