West Virginia University student dies aged 29 10 years after brutal attack left him in coma

Mail Online | 9/3/2019 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
monna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/03/14/18012574-0-image-a-20_1567516751030.jpg

A former West Virginia University student has died nearly a decade after he was beaten into a coma and left with lasting brain damage.

Ryan Diviney was a sophomore and standout athlete at WVU when he was brutally attacked and kicked in the head in November 2009 just off campus in Morgantown, West Virginia.

Brain - Damage - Coma - State - Decade

He suffered extensive brain damage and fell into a coma but never came out, remaining in a 'vegetative state' for the past decade.

Diviney's family worked hard to keep his body rehabbed in hopes that his life could someday be improved by modern medicine.

Ashburn - Virginia - Vacation - Family - West

The beloved 29-year-old from Ashburn, Virginia, was on vacation with his family in West Virginia when he began struggling to breathe on Saturday night. He died as the family drove to the hospital.

A Facebook page dedicated to providing updates about Diviney's condition and the assault case, 'Ryan's Rally We Got This', announced the 29-year-old's death on Sunday.

'This - Post - Sadness - Ryan - Diviney

'This was a post I never wanted to write. It is with great sadness I must inform you all that Ryan Diviney has succumbed to his injuries. It was sudden and unexpected,' Diviney's friend Katie Mesmer wrote.

'The Diviney family is going through waves of unimaginable sadness, anger, and appreciation,' the post continued.

Sadness - Time - Anger

'Their sadness will be coped with over time and their anger will be directed where it is appropriate.

'Mostly the Diviney's appreciate what everyone has done for Ryan over the past 10 years. Without you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!