Indiana Walmart shooting ends with one person shot and two men in police custody

Mail Online | 9/30/2018 | Chauncey Alcorn For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/02/02/17954572-0-image-a-5_1567387933439.jpg

A shooting at a Walmart store in Hobart, Indiana ended with one man shot on Sunday and his accused shooter in police custody along with a female accomplice.

It's the second shooting in less than a year at the store, located at 2936 E. 79th Avenue in the Illinois border town about 36 miles southeast of Chicago.

Hobart - Police - DailyMail - Com - Violence

Hobart Police told the DailyMail.com that the violence stemmed from a personal altercation between the shooter and the victim, who knew each other, quelling fears of another politically-motivated El Paso, Texas Walmart-style mass shooting.

'The Hobart Police Department wants to reiterate that there is no danger to the public and that this was an isolated incident between known parties,' Captain Jim Gonzales said in a statement. 'There is no active threat at this time... No political motivation that we are aware of.'

Witnesses - Police - Aisle - Store

Witnesses and police said the bloodshed erupted around 3.50pm near the produce aisle of the store.

The sound of gunfire sent employees and customers running in terror.

'I - Customers - Pop - Walmart - Employee

'I was ringing out customers when we heard a pop that was super-loud, and I thought, 'Are they really shooting right now?' Walmart employee Jahla Johnson told the Chicago Tribune. 'Then I saw people just running - a woman with a baby running - and I heard the man that got shot screaming and a woman yelling, "My friend just got shot!"'

Many...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!