Rockstar or 'King of the World'? Boris Johnson shares his 'various' childhood ambitions

Mail Online | 8/30/2019 | Connor Boyd For Mailonline
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/30/17/17883698-0-image-a-6_1567184200483.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/30/3717897028464168562/1024x576_MP4_3717897028464168562.mp4

Boris Johnson has revealed he had ambitions of becoming a rock star before forging a career in politics that would see him land Britain's top job.

The Prime Minister even learned how to play the opening chords to Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water in pursuit of his ambitions as a musician.

Attention - Supermarket - Tycoon - Kitchen - Tile

But he quickly realised he wasn't cut out for it and turned his attention to becoming a supermarket tycoon, then a kitchen tile designer.

'I briefly thought I could be a musician, a rock star, but that didn't get very far,' Mr Johnson told a group of budding young journalists during a Q&A session in Downing Street today.

Chain - Supermarkets - Tycoon

'Then I thought I would own a chain of multi-brand supermarkets and be a tycoon, but that didn't get very far.'

Then came a plan to make tiles, he said, adding: 'I wanted to make kitchen tiles and that was a total flop.'

'It - Lot - Things - Premier - May

'It goes to show you've got to try a lot of things first,' the premier said. It also emerged in May that the ambitious Tory leader had dreams of becoming king of the world.

The documentary maker behind The Life of Boris Johnson revealed the Eton-educated youngster wanted to be world king since he was a boy.

Michael - Cockerell - Award - Filmmaker - 'When

Michael Cockerell, an award winning filmmaker, said: 'When he was five, he told his sister Rachael that what he wanted to be in life was to be world king - he thought there was a position where you were king of the world.'

Mr Johnson was quizzed on a host of topics - from the NHS to Hogwarts - by the youngsters, aged nine to 14, in No 10 today.

Premier - Cyclist - Bike - Minister

One asked the premier, a well-known cyclist, if he stills gets to ride his bike to work now that he is prime minister.

'I don't, unfortunately my bicycle is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...