Tennessee man sues Popeyes for $5,000 after not being able to buy their viral chicken sandwich

Mail Online | 8/30/2019 | Josh Saunders For Dailymail.com
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/30/19/17886882-0-image-a-28_1567190416146.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/27/4202676267756402366/1024x576_MP4_4202676267756402366.mp4

A man is suing Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen for $5,000 because he couldn't get his hands on their famous chicken sandwich.

Craig Barr, of East Ridge, Tennessee, filed a lawsuit against the fast food chain alleging false advertising' and 'deceptive business practices' by the company

Hours - Attempt - Sandwich - August - Wednesday

He claims to have spent 'countless hours' driving around in an attempt to buy the sandwich, which was released on August 12 but had sold out nationwide by Wednesday.

Barr claims while traveling to one location on Highway 58 he cracked a wheel rim costing him $1,500 and now he 'can't get happy,' Times Free Press wrote.

Case - Jose - Cil - CEO - Restaurant

The civil case happened as Jose Cil, CEO of Restaurant Brands International, who own Popeyes, announced that he never expected the sandwich to 'break the internet' to CNN.

Bar told site: 'I have this sandwich on my mind. I can't think straight. It just consumes you.

'It - Chicken - Fiasco - Someone - Corporate

'It's totally deceptive. Who runs out of chicken? It's a big fiasco. Someone has to stand up to big corporate.'

In his desperate bid to get one of the brioche, chicken and pickle sandwiches, he claims to have paid a man from Craigslist $25 for the food.

'I - Press

'I got scammed,' he told Free Press.

The man is believed to have gone inside the store after receiving the money but never returned.

Site - Employee - Man - Description - Door

The site reported that an employee saw a man matching the description and left out the front door.

Since the company officially announced selling out of the sandwiches this week people have tried flogging them online.

EBay - Sandwiches - Grabs - Anyone

On eBay alone there were around 16 sandwiches up for grabs to anyone willing to pay...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!