Reaction: 'I Wouldn't Say James Comey Is Out of the Woods'; ''This Is Just the Beginning'

CNS News | 8/30/2019 | Staff
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/james-comey-mark_reinstein-corbis.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - Reaction came swiftly on Thursday, after the Justice Department inspector general released a report saying that former FBI Director James Comey failed to live up to his responsibility to protect sensitive information.

And by using sensitive information to force the appointment of a special prosecutor, the OIG found that Comey "set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees -- and the many thousands more former FBI employees -- who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information."

James - Comey - Woods - Rep - Andy

"I wouldn’t say James Comey is out of the woods," Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) said.

"We're in the pregame show. This is just the beginning," Jay Sekulow, President Trump's attorney said.

Rep - John - Ratcliffe - R-Texas - IG

Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) said the IG report shows that Comey, by leaking information to achieve a personally desired end (the appointment of a special counsel) "calls into question literally all of the actions and all of the decisions made by Jim Comey throughout his tenure."

Comey, in response to the report, bragged via Twitter that he did not release classified information to the media. And he said it would nice to get a "sorry we lied about you" from "those who defamed me."

Somebody - James - Comey - Life - America

"I think that we have rarely seen somebody so delusional and self-serving as James Comey in public life in America," Biggs, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, told Fox News on Thursday.

Comey will not be criminally charged for his wrongdoing, but it's not over yet Biggs said: "Well, he might get a pass in some respects on this, but his reputation is shot to pieces.

Report - Inspector - General - Weeks - James

"But there's another report that's going to come out from the inspector general in a few weeks. And I wouldn’t say James Comey is out of the woods. I don't think this is the last we have heard of James Comey, regrettably."

The upcoming...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!