Ex-Denver inmate, 26, is suing law enforcement for forcing her to give birth alone in a jail cell

Mail Online | 7/31/2018 | Chauncey Alcorn For Dailymail.com
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/29/04/17814712-0-image-a-23_1567050840013.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/29/8079585113798886248/1024x576_MP4_8079585113798886248.mp4

Baby Jordan came into this world shivering on a thin mattress across from a toilet inside a dirty Denver County jail cell on July 31 2018.

His mother, Diana Sanchez, 26, is now suing Denver city and county officials after she says she was left screaming in agony for hours over a year ago, with no anesthesia, no doctors, no family, or anyone at all to aid her in her delivery.

Mom - Custody - July - Identity - Charges

The 26-year-old mom was taken into custody on July 14 for identity theft-related charges, according to the Denver County Sheriff's Department.

Recently-released surveillance video shows Sanchez's now one-year-old son emerging from in between her legs at 10.44am that day, nearly six hours after his mother told a jailhouse guard she was going into labor.

Guard - Sanchez - Aid - Water - Hour

The guard reportedly refused to come to Sanchez's aid when her water broke an hour after her initial plea, but moments after Jordan appeared and took his first breath, a male nurse, who had been watching Sanchez from outside the jail cell, walked in and picked up her naked child.

'(He) picks up the baby as though he's never seen one in his life,' Sanchez's attorney Mari Newman told KDVR. 'I mean, the lack of any sort of compassion is astounding.'

Instant - Sanchez - Jail - Staff - Ambulance

Up until that instant, Sanchez said the jail's staff had declined to call an ambulance for her.

'I felt helpless. Nobody was helping me. There...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!