Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary admits involvement in a boating accident that killed one person

Mail Online | 8/27/2019 | Brian Marks For Dailymail.com
rach-rach (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/28/05/17771406-0-image-a-145_1566967159992.jpg

Kevin O'Leary's love of boating turned tragic on Saturday when the Shark Tank star was involved in a fatal boating accident in Ontario, Canada, that left one man dead and another woman critically injured.

The Canadian businessman, 65, told TMZ that he was a passenger on his boat, and claimed the other craft didn't have its light on when they collided around 11:30 p.m.

Representatives - O'Leary - Reality - Star - Boat

According to representatives for O'Leary, the reality star's boat was being driven by his wife, and a third woman was also on board with them.

The trio were sailing on Lake Joseph when his boat smashed into a larger boat.

Craft - Top - Boat - Passenger - Head

The smaller craft flew over the top of the larger boat and struck a male passenger in a head, killing him.

Police aren't expected to release the names of the parties involved unless criminal charges are filed.

Source - Owner - Boat - O'Leary - Boat

A source connected to the owner of the larger boat claimed that O'Leary's boat fled the scene after the collision, but a representative for the Shark Tank fixture said that it was the other boat that left the scene.

Kevin also released a short statement trying to clear up the matter.

'Late - Saturday - Night - Passenger - Boat

'Late Saturday night I was a passenger in a boat that had a tragic collision with another craft that had no navigation lights on and then fled the scene of the accident,' Kevin wrote in a statement. 'I am fully cooperating with authorities.'

'Out of respect for the families who have lost loved ones and to fully support the ongoing investigation, I feel it is inappropriate to make further comments at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!