Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick Says There Isn’t A Ton Of ‘Momentum’ For Playoff Expansion

The Daily Caller | 8/26/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Notre_Dame-e1561823155981.jpg

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick doesn’t think changes to the college football playoff will happen anytime soon.

Swarbrick told NDInsider.com the following when asked about potential expansion prior to 2025:

Lot - Momentum - Group - Individuals - College

I don’t want to speculate on that. I don’t sense a lot of momentum. But again, this is a group of individuals who cares about college football and think about it all the time. And so that’s all you want, a process where people are always talking about how to make the game better. But I don’t sense any particular momentum for change right now.

Well, this isn’t exactly great news. I think most people agree that there has to be some kind of expansion sooner than later.

UCF - Times - Times - SEC - West

Let’s not forget that UCF went undefeated, and was left out both times. One of those times, they went and beat the SEC West champions, Auburn, in a bowl game.

Yet, they never even got the chance to play in the playoff.

Expansion - Power - Conference

To me, expansion is shockingly simple. The Power 5 conference...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!