Has a space age spa in Churchill's wine cellar really found the secret to longer life?

Mail Online | 8/25/2019 | Fiona Golfar For The Mail On Sunday
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/25/02/17658558-0-image-a-30_1566695416807.jpg

Last week I was cycling through the Costa Rican jungle. I could have gone to Venice, LA or New York, but the lush, green jungle appealed more. As I meandered between the trees, my favourite podcast playing in my ears, I knew I’d made the right choice.

After a gentle half-an-hour ride, I glanced at the calorie counter to see I’d burned 1,300 calories and I slowed to a halt.

Calorie - Count - Rainforest - Surroundings - Sweat

Despite the impressive calorie count and the rainforest surroundings, I haven’t even broken a sweat. So I skip a shower, bound up the stairs and emerge into the bright lights and bustle of London’s Mayfair.

A dream? Well, in a way.

Bellecell - Beneath - London - Streets - Winston

Welcome to Bellecell, a futuristic clinic deep beneath London’s most exclusive streets, in what was once Winston Churchill’s wine cellar.

These days, there’s no Chateau Margaux down here. Instead, an entirely different cocktail is on offer – a heady blend that includes a super-charged exercise bike that combines infrared and vacuum technology to boost calorie burn, and lets you choose a virtual location for your ride, too.

Start - Bellecell - Regeneration - Clinic - Year

But that’s just the start. Bellecell Regeneration Clinic, which opened earlier this year in a discreet alley behind the Ritz Hotel, has positioned itself at the forefront of the £14 billion beauty and wellness industry.

It’s a cutting edge re-imagining of the traditional day spa. Inside it feels like a subterranean spaceship. On the menu, guests will see facials and massages with futuristic twists.

Massages - Masseuses - Tables - Zero-gravity - Chairs

Massages aren’t conducted by masseuses on tables, but in zero-gravity chairs where you lie back, slide your arms and legs into special sleeves and let little air jets pummel away at your cellulite. It’s so relaxing, you feel like you’re floating – hence the ‘zero-gravity’ name.

Then there are oxygen chambers – not for the claustrophobic – where you lie serene in a mini coffin while pure...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!