BBC in new fakery row as viewers mock 'dramatised' nature series Serengeti for using computer tech

Mail Online | 8/25/2019 | Luke Andrews For Mailonline
melanie7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/25/11/17666260-0-image-a-86_1566727539765.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/25/1931007343131444323/1024x576_MP4_1931007343131444323.mp4

It was presented as a 'dramatised' natural history series exploring the lives of cheetahs, zebras, elephants, wild dogs and other animals on the Serengeti.

But some BBC viewers were less than impressed with the outcome, and have even mocked the series as a wildlife 'Made in Chelsea' for using computer technology to move the plot forward.

Scene - Baby - Zebra - Waters - Fact

And now it has emerged that a scene showing a baby Zebra struggling through crocodile-infested waters is in fact a 'composite' of two or more clips shoved together, reports the Sunday Times.

Shown in Episode Four, 'Misfortune', the young Zebra is seen desperately swimming through a rushing river right next to a large crocodile.

Group - Scene

It struggles to keep up with its group and, in a second scene, is swept away by the raging current - or was it?

Bafta and Emmy award-winning cameraman Doug Allan, who worked on shows such as Frozen Planet, said that: 'The water is real. The zebra is real and the zebra did really get carried down the stream - you can see that from other footage.

Zebra - Bit - Water - Screen - Places

'But whether the zebra was in that particular bit of water as seen on screen, who knows. They could be in different places at different times.'

Viewers have mocked the edited clip on social media with one, Randy H, commenting on twitter: 'Am I crazy or did they actually just CGI a zebra into those rapids? What the ****?!'

FauxCapper - 'Did - Discovery - 'almost - Croc

Another, FauxCapper, said: 'Did Discovery straight up fake an 'almost' croc attack? That looked suspiciously fake as all ****.'

And a third, ole 'satthewheel, said: 'Am I the only one hwo thinks that little Zebra looked edited to being taken with the current?'

Viewer - BBC - Dignity - Board - Series

Yet another viewer accused the BBC of 'throwing all dignity over board' by showing the series.

'Never thought I would see CGI on BBC,' they quipped, 'I won't continue watching this...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!