Ko, Broch Larsen Lead CP Women’s Open As Henderson Lurks

www.oann.com | 8/24/2019 | Staff
jolan (Posted by) Level 3
World No. 1 Jin Young Ko of South Korea fired a bogey-free 7-under 65 on Saturday to grab a share of the lead with Denmark’s Nicole Broch Larsen at the CP Women’s Open in Aurora, Ontario.

Ko, who is bogey free through 54 holes, carded seven birdies on her day at Magna Golf Club to move into a tie atop of the leaderboard at 18-under 198 alongside Larsen, the second-round leader who shot 66 for the third straight day.

Hot - Heels - Champion - Sweetheart - Brooke

Hot on their heels is defending champion and Canadian sweetheart Brooke Henderson, who rallied from falling eight shots out of the lead early in her round to finish just two shots back and alone in third place at 16 under.

Henderson, who turns 22 on Sept. 10, was 2 over through six holes before carding three straight birdies on Nos. 8-10. She made an eagle at the par-5 12th and four more birdies over the next five holes to shoot 7-under 29 on the back and 65 on the day.

Kind - Bit - Start - Henderson - LPGA

“I kind of got off to a little bit of a rough start there early,” said Henderson, a nine-time LPGA winner who has two wins in 2019. “After I did that I was just like, ‘Let’s just get back to even through the front nine.’ I was able to birdie eight and nine to do that.

“Then the back nine I just said, ‘Let’s just go and try to make as many birdies as you can,’ and that’s exactly what happened.”

Henderson - Player - CP - Women - Open

Henderson is aiming to become just the third player to defend her CP Women’s Open title, after New Zealand’s Lydia Ko (2012, 2013) and Pat Bradley (1985, 1986). She...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!