Christians Care About All Suffering and Injustice

Desiring God | 7/17/2019 | John Piper
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/go-and-do-like-god-geqrcfvy-en/landscape/go-and-do-like-god-geqrcfvy-eaed153d32a4f30ea5354cf57ed6e3f7.png?ts=1566283051&ixlib=rails-3.0.2&auto=format,compress&fit=min&w=800&h=450

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkgW4EIIEaM

This message, which John Piper delivered after a concert in Edinburgh, is a fresh expression of an address he originally gave at the 2019 Bethlehem College & Seminary Commencement.

Subscribe to the John Piper Sermons Podcast, available in iTunes, YouTube, RSS, and more.

Tension - Room - Vision - Neighborhoods - Scotland

I wonder if you feel any tension between what’s happening in this room and the vision for reaching the hardest neighborhoods in Scotland that you heard about just before our intermission: the gritty, on-the-ground, in-your-face, tough, hard, real problems of the world, and a magnificent room and healthy bodies — people who seem to have it together, and songs lifted with delightful music. Do those worlds go together?

Let me read you something from 2 Chronicles. A great army from the peoples of Moab, Ammon, and Mount Seir had come up against Jehoshaphat. What does Jehoshaphat do? How does he go to war? Here’s what he does:

Picture - Place - Choir - Army - Thanks

Now, get the picture. This is a vulnerable place to be for the choir. They went out before the army to say, “Give thanks to the Lord, for his steadfast love endures forever.” They’re shouting this truth about God, singing this truth as a choir over Ammon, over the peoples of Mount Seir.

There is a connection. The routing of the enemies of God and the singing of the people of God go together.

Phone - Call - Time - Bunch - College

I got a phone call one time from a bunch of college students, who, at ten o’clock at night, had a demon-possessed young woman trapped in a room. They wouldn’t let her out. They wanted me to come and deliver her. I had never done anything like that in my life. I called a friend who lived upstairs, and we went together. When we walked in there, she had a low voice, and she was growling and angry. They just said, “That’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!