Shawn Mendes Apologizes to Fans for Past Racist Tweets

Breitbart | 8/24/2019 | Staff
kims (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/08/shawnmendes2-640x335.jpg

Pop megastar Shawn Mendes has apologized for writing several racially insensitive tweets from as early as 2012, after a fan brought up the issue at a recent Q&A session.

“This is kind of a hard question, I don’t want you to take any offense to it at all, I just kind of wanted to do it for black Twitter, black Shawn stans everywhere out there,” the fan asked. “In the past, there’s a lot of kind of ignorant tweets, I guess I could say, kind of hurtful, offensive tweets that you’d tweeted before.”

Questioner - Posts - Acknowledgment

The questioner went on to ask why some of the posts, which were written in 2012 and 2013, have been deleted without acknowledgment.

“Why has it never been acknowledged? … We get a lot of hate for us supporting you, knowing that this has been, like, your past. And not to say that this is you now, or anything like that, it’s just really important for us to know, like, how you are,” the girl asked.

Mendes - Years - Time - Level - Success

Mendes responded by arguing that it happened many years ago, at a time when he did not anticipate the level of success and fame he would achieve in the intervening years.

“I just think that a lot of things just need to be moved on from,” the singer replied. “But I also think that the things that were saw, like I had friends when I was 14 who would, like, take my phone and, like, post things of them. Because they thought it was funny that I had like 2,000...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!