Trump's Immigration Chief CLASHES with CNN: ‘You're Pushing a Narrative!'

NewsBusters | 8/23/2019 | Staff
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/camerota.png

Ken Cuccinelli, the acting Director of the Citizenship and Immigration Services office, went toe-to-toe with CNN host Alisyn Camerota on Friday, pushing back against the network's liberal talking points. The topic was the Trump administration's revision of the so-called Flores Agreement, which required border-crossing families with children to be released from custody after 20 days. Under the new rule, such families can be detained until their immigration status is resolved.

Under the old rule, people with unfounded asylum claims would flood the border, knowing they'd soon be released, never to be seen again. The new rule will discourage such fraudulent entries, and also protect the children being trafficked, being used as a ticket to get people into the country.

Cuccinelli - Point - Children - Camerota - Sigh

When Cuccinelli made the point about protecting children, Camerota let out a loud sigh, then rolled footage of allegedly overcrowded conditions in which children would be kept. CNN arranged it so that Cuccinelli could not see the footage, and when he tried to make his point, Camerota attempted to cut him off. That prompted Cuccinelli to say:

"I know you don't want real answers; I know you don't want truth. You want your narrative to go, but I'm not going to sit back and take that."

Snapped - Camerota - Question - Camerota - Facilities

Snapped Camerota: "I want to to be able to get a question out." When Camerota called the facilities "cages," Cuccinelli responded:

"We don't use cages. We use the facilities built in the 1990s and with the last administration. So if you want to characterize it that way, everyone watching should know you're pushing a narrative, not analyzing the situation."

Video - Contentiousness - Interview - Anyone - Doubt

As seen in the video, the contentiousness continued throughout the interview. Can anyone doubt that, as Cuccinelli said, Camerota was clearly pushing a [liberal] narrative?

Here's the transcript.

ALISYN - CAMEROTA - Trump - Administration - Rule

ALISYN CAMEROTA: A new Trump Administration rule would allow the administration...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!